Monday, January 23, 2012

Teaser Tuesday #32

Thank you to MizB of Should Be Reading for giving us Teaser Tuesday every week!
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week's teaser comes from War Horse by Michael Morpurgo.


It was nothing special when he came into the stable that morning and led Zoey out. But when he came back into the stable afterward and began to sweet-talk me and held out a bucket of sweet-smelling oats, I was immediately suspicious. But the oats and my own inquisitiveness overcame my better judgement, and he was able to slip a halter over my head before I could pull away. His voice, however, was unusually gentle and kind as he tightened the halter and reached out slowly to stroke my neck. "You'll be all right, old son," he said softly. "You'll be all right. They'll look after you - they promised they would. And I need the money, Joey; I need the money bad."

I really wasn't sure I wanted to read this book, after watching the previews for the movie. Horses hold a soft spot in my heart and ... well, I just don't know. But There it is. That's how far I've gotten. Can't wait to see ya'lls teasers!

8 comments:

  1. AWW this looks like a sweet book/ film. Though i bet it has a sad ending :-(
    Fab teaser.
    Here's my TT this week: http://ttoria.blogspot.com

    TToria
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I didn't know it'd be told from the horse's point of view. Interesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize the book was from the horse's point of view either - hope it's not super sad like Black Beauty. Thanks for sharing. My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very intriguing...thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY TT POST and here’s
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heard a lot about the film version, great teaser.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know that the movie was based off a book, haha! I thought they had adapted it from the stage version (which I'm now assuming was based off the book, haha!). I'll have to read it before I see the movie :P Here's mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never read a book that's from a horse's point of view. Sounds like it would make an interesting story. I'll read this before seeing the movie.
    Here's my teaser: Sandy's Teaser

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read/leave a comment! It is always appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...