Monday, January 9, 2012

Teaser Tuesday #30

Thank you to MizB of Should Be Reading for giving us Teaser Tuesday every week!
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week's teaser comes from Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen.

Is it a new one? Absolutely not. But I'm re-reading it on my Kindle and I love it. So I had to.


  Mrs. Bennet deigned not to make any reply, but, unable to contain herself, began scolding one of her daughters.
  "Don't keep coughing so, Kitty, for Heaven's sake! Have a little compassion on my nerves. You tear them to pieces."
  "Kitty has no discretion in her coughs," said her father; "she times them ill."

I love Mr. Bennet. I think, aside from Mr. Darcy and Lizzie, he is my favorite.

Can't wait to see ya'lls teasers!

6 comments:

  1. A classic that's still a terrific read. Thanks for posting a teaser from one of my favorite books.
    Here's mine: Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already have this on my tbr, like many other novels by Jane Austen. I hope you'll enjoy reading it til the end!
    If you want, have a look at my teaser: here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, wonderful! Great example of Mr. Bennet's wit. Thanks for sharing. My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great teaser from a great book.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad, I know, but I have never read this. One day I hope to though!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read/leave a comment! It is always appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...