Thursday, January 12, 2012

Daring You to Read - Sabriel by Garth Nix




Daring You to Read is hosted every week by Tynga over at Tynga's Reviews.

Here's how it works:

- You choose a book you’ve read, loved and would dare your readers to read!
- The book you choose must be an older release (at least 6 months ago), because let’s be honest, we’re all quite aware of the latest releases.
- Write your own blog post, using the button and linking back to Tynga’s Reviews, inviting your readers to read your chosen book.
- Come back on Tynga’s Reviews and put your link in the linking tool.
- Browse other bloggers Dare and let them know if you’ve read their featured book, or plan on reading it.
- Super easy and an awesome way to discover that special book who might have slipped off your radar!

This week I'm daring you to read Sabriel by Garth Nix.

I read this book 8 or 9 years ago. I picked it up because the cover was interesting (I know, I know.... I've fully admitted I'm a cover snob). I ended up really enjoying the book.


Sabriel has been living in Ancielstierre. A modern kingdom full of people, technology, and all things... well, normal. But... there is a wall that separates Ancielstierre from the Old Kingdom. One of mages and magic and spell casting. She receives a message from her father, The Abhorsen, that he is in danger, along with his bells (tools of the trade for being a necromancer). Sabriel leaves the comfort of modernity to journey into the Old Kingdom to search for her father. Accompanying her are Mogget, a magical cat with a bit of a malevolent streak, and Touchstone, a charter mage.

She battles through death, and dead things, and even undead things to try and find out what's happened to her father. Can she save him and everyone in the Old Kingdom (maybe even in Ancielstierre as well) from the evils that await her?

Go on, check it out from your local library. I dare you.

2 comments:

  1. This book was recommended to me years ago by a friend and I haven't picked it up yet, I really need to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds more interesting than it looks! I might give a try! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read/leave a comment! It is always appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...