Thursday, January 19, 2012

Daring You to Read - Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton




Daring You to Read is hosted every week by Tynga over at Tynga's Reviews.

Here's how it works:

- You choose a book you’ve read, loved and would dare your readers to read!
- The book you choose must be an older release (at least 6 months ago), because let’s be honest, we’re all quite aware of the latest releases.
- Write your own blog post, using the button and linking back to Tynga’s Reviews, inviting your readers to read your chosen book.
- Come back on Tynga’s Reviews and put your link in the linking tool.
- Browse other bloggers Dare and let them know if you’ve read their featured book, or plan on reading it.
- Super easy and an awesome way to discover that special book who might have slipped off your radar!

This week I'm daring you to read Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton. Especially with the release of the second novel in the series, Wings of the Wicked, coming up here in less than two weeks now.

When I reviewed it last year, I commented on the quickness of Ellie accepting her role as warrior for Heaven. But, as I said before, had she not it would have greatly hindered the pace of the book. And I probably would have grown tired of it.

As it were, I thought the pace of the book was great. The conversation between characters was effortless (I seriously cannot STAND when conversation sounds scripted) and it was a fun read. There were some controversial topics you don't often read about (or at least, I haven't, I don't know about you) in other novels that popped up in this one. And I was surprised but had to give props to Courtney for not being afraid to throw it in there.

I loved Ellie's sense of humor and Will... ::sigh:: he's serious, and seriously focused. But he sounds seriously dreamy too.

The book is a great read and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of book number two!

So read it! I dare you. :-)

4 comments:

  1. I read tha tone and liked it =)
    Good Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that nice book cover on more than one blog, but never try it! This book sounds interesting! (serious guy :P)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like I need some Angelfire on my bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angelfire wasn't my favorite book, but it wasn't terrible.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read/leave a comment! It is always appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...