Thursday, January 5, 2012

Daring You to Read - Fire Bringer by David Clement - Davies

Daring You to Read is hosted every week by Tynga over at Tynga's Reviews.

Here's how it works:

- You choose a book you’ve read, loved and would dare your readers to read!
- The book you choose must be an older release (at least 6 months ago), because let’s be honest, we’re all quite aware of the latest releases.
- Write your own blog post, using the button and linking back to Tynga’s Reviews, inviting your readers to read your chosen book.
- Come back on Tynga’s Reviews and put your link in the linking tool.
- Browse other bloggers Dare and let them know if you’ve read their featured book, or plan on reading it.
- Super easy and an awesome way to discover that special book who might have slipped off your radar!
This week I'm daring you to read Fire Bringer by David Clement - Davies.


Young buck Rannoch was born on the night his father was murdered and into a herd of deer where hunger for power has gradually whittled away at all that is true and good. He knows he must escape to survive. Chased by stags, with their fearsome antlers sharpened for the kill, he begins a treacherous journey into the unknown, and ahead of him lies a shocking and formidable search for truth and goodwill in the shadow of the Great Mountain.
One day he will have to return to his home and face his destiny among the deer to fulfill the prophecy that has persistently given them hope: that one day a fawn will be born with the mark of an oak leaf on his forehead and that fawn's courage will lead all the deer to freedom. Filled with passion and a darkness that gradually, through Rannoch's courage in the face of adversity, lifts to reveal an overwhelming feeling of light, Fire Bringer is a tremendous, spirited story that takes the reader deep into the hearts and minds of its characters as they fight for their right to live in peace.

I read the book at the beginning of the year. I'd never heard of it before picking it up at the library I don't think (it's been a while, so I don't remember what made me grab it off the shelves). I loved it though. It reminded me a lot of Harry Potter, but with animals instead of people. I saw a lot of reviews on this that said it was a rip off of Watership Down by Richard Adams, but I have to admit, I've never read the book so I wouldn't know.

And honestly, who cares if it's like another book. Everyone gets their ideas from somewhere right? This book was an exciting read that made me angry at some characters and fearful for others. Any book that can make me feel ANYTHING (other than feeling like I want to throw it out the window, that is) is a good book in my opinion. And if you can take an idea that's been used before and do it again with a new twist, one that interests and entertains people, more power to you.

So go to your local library and pick this up.

I dare you. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read/leave a comment! It is always appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...