Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Homeschool Reading Corner: Diary of a Wimpy Kid - Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinney

I personally have not read this story. But I did listen to my oldest read it for an hour. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that a trip to the grocery store would result in finding a book my 8 year old would actually WANT to read. There I was, browsing in the book aisle, minding my own business. I turn around and see her sitting on the bottom shelf reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinney.

I couldn't tell her no when she asked me if she could have it. She never asks for books she actually READS. You all just have no idea. And then, to add icing to the cake, just a day or two later we did PAWS for Reading at the library (a program where service dogs are brought in to the library and kids get to sign up for a slot to read to them). She brought this book and was able to read to Mosby (beautiful Australian Shepherd) for an hour. Usually, slots are only 15 minutes, but someone cancelled in every slot, and no one else wanted to read with the dog she was sitting with so... voila!

Listening to her read was great. And the parts that I did hear were funny. The illustrations were hilarious too. I think this particular book was easier for her to read because the writing is broken up so much by the pictures. It did a great job keeping her interested. And I was so excited.








I've definitely got to sign her up to do this again! It was wonderful! And I absolutely loved Mosby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read/leave a comment! It is always appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...