Saturday, January 28, 2012

Review - Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

There are two books that have ever made me cry. Maggie Stiefvater has written both of them. Shiver being the first one. Forever being number two.

In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. In Linger, they fought to be together. Now, in Forever, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.

I've waited so long to be able to read this book. It was totally and completely worth the wait.

Grace is fighting to stay human, and almost fails at simply staying alive. Sam is fighting to save her. Cole is fighting to do the impossible. And Isabel is fighting her own inner demons.

Cole was my hero in this one. I absolutely adore him as a character and I can't imagine having read this series without him. When I first "met" him in this series, I thought he was cocky and arrogant and a TOTAL jerk. By the end, he was still all those things, but he has the hugest heart. Even if he doesn't realize it or want to admit it. And you've got to hand it to him for his determination and way of figuring out the impossible.

I love Sam and Grace and Isabel. They all are completely different than they were when the series started, and yet... they're the same. Isabel's icy shell gets chipped away and you see the broken person she is with a heart of gold she doesn't want anyone to see. And won't admit she has. Sam is tired of letting fear rule his life and so he faces it head on and prevails. All the while never waivering in his love and loyalty for Grace. And Grace, just as steadfast and strong as ever. Even in her weaknesses.

But Cole... Cole was my favorite. And not just because when I was reading his parts I was reading them with Dan Bittner's voice ::sigh::, but because he was just amazing.

This is now one of my favorite series of all time. Without a doubt. If you haven't read any of The Wolves of Mercy Falls books, you should. Maggie is an amazing author and I'm so glad to have read the series. I can not tell you how much I loved this book.

Loved it.

2 comments:

  1. That is a great review and now I know a little bit about what the books are like I feel good about purchasing them lol. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm glad! The books are wonderful! I hope you love them like I did!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read/leave a comment! It is always appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...