Saturday, December 31, 2011

Review - Humanity Scar: Last Words (Journal 1)

My first book ever read on my Kindle Fire. Humanity Scar: Last Words (Journal 1) by Monique Doucette.

Wow.

Great story.

It really did read like a journal. Almost like I was watching everything play out right in front of me. Wicked suspenseful. And sad.

Each character is developed beautifully, even the ones we're only just introduced to. We get a feeling of where each one is coming from and why they are where they are in this whole story. We see compassion emerge from people who aren't supposed to have any and fear crippling those who would, in any other situation, have none.

We learn alot about Kat through "flashbacks" of the first days after the outbreak. She started out terrified and confused. Not knowing who to turn to or what to do. And we see her as she grows into someone skilled and calculating who, while struggling to survive amidst hoards of festering undead, still believes that there can be good in what's left of the world.

Amazing story. The way I felt about this story is the same way I felt while I was watching Unstoppable. Like what I'd read had actually happened and I almost had to remind myself that no, this wasn't real.

This is a must read for fans of The Walking Dead (comics and television). And if you all read this and want more of Kat's world (even if you haven't read it, you should still check it out!) visit the Humanity Scar website and register! If you don't want to post right away you can sign up and just observe! It's really fun, I promise. And it helps to bring out a creative side that maybe you never knew you had. You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read/leave a comment! It is always appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...