Saturday, December 10, 2011

In My Mailbox #23

Thanks to Kristi, The Story Siren, for hosting IMM every week!

I got a couple cool books this week.

For Review:

The Wish List by Gabi Stevens. And I just have to say that I love this cover. It's bright and fun and just wicked cute!

Kristin Montgomery is more than a little shocked when her aunts inform her they're fairy godmothers. Worse, after dropping that bombshell they hand her a wand and head off on a world cruise. Now Kristin's uncomplicated life as a CPA in San Diego has disappeared like magic and she not only has to deal with her burgeoning magical powers, but also a reluctant and distractingly sexy magical arbiter.

Tennyson Ritter is a historian. A scholar by choice, he is yanked from his studies to act as arbiter for the newly chosen fairy godmother. He doesn't want to waste his time with a woman who doesn't know anything about magic or the magical world, but soon the beguiling Kristin draws him away from his books and into her life.But before Kristin can hone her skills and pass the tests necessary to fully claim her powers, she and Tennyson must work together to defend the world - both magical and human - against those that would claim her powers for their own.

Bought:

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. I've heard about this book, and reading the back cover I feel like I'm in for an emotional read with this one. Definitely.

Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a strange package with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers several cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker - his classmate and crush - who committed suicide two weeks earlier. Hannah's voice tells him that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out why. Clay spends the night crisscrossing his town with Hannah as his guide. He becomes a firsthand witness to Hannah's pain, and learns the truth about himself-a truth he never wanted to face.


Can't wait to see what you all got this week!

5 comments:

  1. The Wish List looks really cute! I hear 13 Reasons Why is amazing but I just know I will sob like a crazy person if I even attempt to read it.

    Visit My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god 13 Reasons Why is a fantastic novel I hope you love it!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Wish List sound really good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gawd, The Wishlist sounds like a light, fluffy yet somehow sexy and dangerous read. I want!

    Have an amazing reading week!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Thirteen reasons Why, I read that a few years ago. Great great great pick.

    Hope you like it.

    Here's my link and I have the same problem with commenting. :( http://danicapage.blogspot.com/2011/12/in-my-mailbox-9.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read/leave a comment! It is always appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...