Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Review - Stardust by Neil Gaiman

Just finished reading Stardust by Neil Gaiman. I loved it. Almost as much as I loved the movie (I like the way the movie ended better, sorry Neil). For what seems like the first time ever it didn't bother me that there were such differences between the movie and the book. Maybe because I had seen the movie first instead of reading the book before. I don't know.

I loved Tristan's little friend that helped him at the beginning of his journey. And how the verses of "The Lion and the Unicorn" came to life. It was surprising because that was a rhyme I learned when I couldn't have been more than 7 or 8. I was watching some kind of version of Alice and Wonderland I believe.

This book was amazing. For all of the same reasons and a handful of different reasons than the movie. They were both just so full of enchantment and adventure. I have to add Tristan Thorn to the same list that Mr. Darcy is on. ::sigh:: I definitely would recommend this book to anyone. It was a quick and fun read and I adore the story.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I hve been hunting for this book for quite some time now!
    Me too, watch the movie and I since then I really want to read the book!
    Grrr...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read/leave a comment! It is always appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...