Monday, April 4, 2011

Pride & Prejudice

I absolutely adore Pride & Prejudice. I love love love it. From Lizzy to Mr. Bennett to Mr. Darcy to Jane. They're all just absolutely wonderful.

That being said, I know there are multiple movie (even TV series) versions of this amazing classic. And I have to thank my brother for giving me my absolute FAVORITE of all time. Now, I love Colin Firth. I think he is a phenomenal actor. But the 2005 version of Pride & Prejudice is just all that and a bag of potato chips (buffalo ranch even) if you ask me. I adore Keira Knightly and Matthew Macfadyen is just to die for. Not to mention the scenery is breathtaking as is the soundtrack.



Which version is your favorite?

1 comment:

  1. This is such a devisive topic among P&P fans, but I really don't have a strong opinion. I love the Colin Firth version because it is so true to the novel. You can basically sit with the novel and follow along. But, I also love the Keira Knightly version because it is so artfully done. Beautiful music, beautiful scenery, well done characters, etc. I can't think of a movie scene that has as much suppressed passion as that scene with Elizabeth and Darcy in the rain when he proposes and she turns him down. Love it!

    Julie @ Read Handed (http://readhanded.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read/leave a comment! It is always appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...