Saturday, April 2, 2011

Review - Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins


I started reading Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins last night and finished it about 5 minutes ago.

It made me sad. Lots of it made me sad. I definitely liked the book. And LOVED the series. Honestly, I think it's one of the best trilogies that I've read in a LONG time. There were a lot of shocks and surprises (not all the time good) in this one, and a lot of things that just completely broke my heart. But I think it tied up the story nicely. Kind of wish there'd been some way to keep the series going, but I realize that it probably would have made it start to suck if that had happened. I always hate it when I'm done with the last book though. GrRrR.

Seriously though, the Hunger Games trilogy was outstanding. I'm almost afraid to watch any movie version because I know I'll do what I always do and completely tear it apart before remembering that the movie is not the book. But if the movie is even half as good as the books were then I know I'll have a new favorite film in no time.

I mean wow.

If you haven't read them, I strongly suggest it.

Or I will find you, tie you to a chair, and read them to you.

Yes.

I said it.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED this series as well. The last installment was not my favorite, but the first two literally stole my heart. I am also apprehensive about the movies not measuring up *crosses fingers*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read/leave a comment! It is always appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...