Friday, March 18, 2011

Review - Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

I finished Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins!

Wasn't as "Holy Cow I Can't Put It Down" as the first in the series, but I still finished it in a couple days (would have been sooner but unfortunate circumstances have slowed down my reading this week).

Parts of this book surprised the heck out of me. I'm not gonna lie. What happened to Cinna? Horrible. It broke my heart. He was such a wonderful person and I loved him as a character.

In this story, Katniss and Peeta are back in the Hunger Games again. But this year is different. This year they're competing against the winners from games past. Two winners from each district. You're introduced to amazing characters like Johanna and Finnick who seem haughty and arrogant at first but you end up loving them in the end.

We discover how Haymitch won the games the year he competed. It was really quite interesting. And it gives Katniss an idea. This year the games won't end like they did the year before. Those behind the scenes in The Capitol have made sure of that. So the tributes need to think fast. How are they going to make it out of this with their lives?

The ending just blew me away.

Loved this one too. Wasn't as fast paced as The Hunger Games. But I loved it almost as much. Have to go grab MockingJay now so I can finish the series! AHHH. Mixed reviews on the 3rd book. I've heard some people loved it and others weren't fond of it. So we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read/leave a comment! It is always appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...