Saturday, March 12, 2011

In My Mailbox

In my mailbox is hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren every week.

And I know it hasn't been a full week yet since my last IMM, but I've been holding on to these books (or most of them) for days now and I just can't do it anymore!
There are possible spoilers in here! Just so everyone is aware.

So without further ado.....


Catching Fire. The second book in The Hunger Games trilogy. I loved The Hunger Games so much I couldn't wait to get the second one (luckily, since I'm reading these so late in the game, I don't have to wait... hehe). Catching Fire follows Katniss and Peeta on their "Victory Tour" around the 12 Districts after The Hunger Games. They have to prove their undying love and devotion for each other or face the consequences of their actions at the end of the games. And from the description it seems like their could be a rebellion at hand. I can't wait to read it!


Darkest Mercy. I've been waiting for this one forever. When I first started reading the series, there were 3 out already (what can I say... I'm a slacker). I was walking though the book aisle at Walmart when the cover for Fragile Eternity caught my eye. I snatched it up and went through checkout without another thought. Started trying to read it and couldn't help but feel like I had come in during the middle of the story. Which of course, I had. I learned that Wicked Lovely was actually the first novel, so I went and grabbed that. Read it and then found out that there was ANOTHER one I'd missed. Ink Exchange. Of course I had to buy that one before I could start to read Fragile Eternity again. But read I did. At the time, they were unlike any fae novel I'd ever read before. And I loved them. A while after finishing Fragile Eternity, I found Radiant Shadows. Which was, by far, my favorite book in the series. So with Darkest Mercy, I can't wait to find out what happens with Aislinn and Seth. Can War be defeated? What of Ani and Devlin (my favorite pair in the series!)? Another one I can't wait to crack open!

City Of Ashes and City Of Glass. Now, as I haven't even started this series, I don't personally have a lot to say about it except I've heard nothing but good things about all the books that are out. I knew if I read the first one and loved it I'd kick myself for not having the other two so I snagged those from Walmart as well. :-)

What's in your mailbox?

7 comments:

  1. I really need to start the mortal instruments series. enjoy your books!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the Mortal Instruments books either... it seems like everyone on earth (haha, well, in the YA community) has read them and liked them, but I dunno... something about them doesn't necessarily appeal to me. I'm going to try and read them sometime, though.

    Loveeeee Hunger Games & Catching Fire. So, so good. =)

    I've seen the 'Wicked Lovely' in a few people's mailboxes this week... I've only read one other fae series, but these ones seem to be popular. I think I might try them at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Im so jealous of the "City of..." books! I've been seeing them everywhere, and now I WANT THEM!!! Haven't touched Hunger Games yet either but everyone keeps telling me I "have" to, so... *sigh* such a hard life I live.
    lol.

    Have a great week!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED Catching Fire and Mockingjay, the one-year wait in between nearly killed me. Seriously. I also need to start the Mortal Instruments series, I love the quotes I've seen floating around on blogs, they're hilarious.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed Catching Fire and TMI and hope you do too.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Darkest Mercy cover is gorgeous. I just bought Wicked Lovely and can't wait to dive into it.

    The Mortal Instrument series is fantastic!

    Enjoy your new books!

    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well. I loved Catching Fire, I loved Dark Mercy and I loved the Mortal Instruments series so um... Read all of them? They're all awesome?
    Wow, I'm really eloquent today. But then again it's 5am so I shouldn't be hold accountable for my actions.

    Oh! And look who's rambling. I'll shut up now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read/leave a comment! It is always appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...