Monday, March 21, 2011

Maggie Stiefvater


Back in January I had the pleasure of meeting author Maggie Stiefvater at a signing in Borders in my city. I was super excited to go to this one because EVERY OTHER SIGNING in this city was on days when I WOULDNT be in the state.

It was great. She talked about the questions people frequently asked her and answered whatever questions we had. Told the story of how one fan mailed her a SOCK and she signed it and sent it back (you can see the video for that on her blog somewhere, lol). And about her Bulgarian bagpipes. Hehe. Then she got to the actual signing part. And because I just so happened to be sitting in the front row (Maggie even had a short conversation with my Lydia about her My Little Pony coloring book), I was first to the table with my books.

Now, because I just happened to be first at the table, Maggie did something really awesome and signed and GAVE me the UK edition of Lament, which I had been looking for (not the UK edition, but the US one) and my bookstore did not have. I was super excited and read it in just a few days. Was dying to read Ballad, but even as of today, the bookstore has not gotten it in stock. In fact, Borders is closing. So I'm Sad.
Must find it elsewhere.


P.S. The little people with Maggie in the first picture happen to be my kiddos. Lydia who's 3. And Alanna who's 8. I'm not putting my picture up... lol. I look awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read/leave a comment! It is always appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...