Friday, February 17, 2012

Follow Friday #36


Thanks to Parajunkee and Alison Can Read for hosting Follow Friday every week!

This weeks question:

Q: BeefcakeandBabes Asks: I like unique names for characters and am looking forward to coming up with some when I start writing. What’s the most unique character name you’ve come across?

A: Hmmm.... I read a lot of epic fantasy so there aer LOTS of unique and unusual character names. Like Murtagh or Galbatorix or Islanzadi from the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini. Legolas, Eowyn, Faramir and 99.9% of the names from Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien. Hermione (I know this one may only be unique to me), Albus Dumbledore (I love what this one means), Minerva McGonagall from Harry Potter by JK Rowling. Katsa and Po from Graceling by Kristin Cashore. Sabriel and Lirael from the books of the same name by Garth Nix. There are probably tons more that I could find but I think I've taken up enough room. :-P

3 comments:

  1. New follower, hi! I thought of Katsa and Po at first, too! But you just get so used to their names right away. Hm...and what about Eragon? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry Potter names are THE BEST! I love Hermione and Bellatrix. I wish there were people named like that now! Hope you have a great Friday :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy FF! I'm an old follower :-)

    I wanted to let you know that I tagged you on my blog :D Have a great weekend!

    Evie@ Paromantasy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read/leave a comment! It is always appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...