Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Daring You to Read - Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev




Daring You to Read is hosted every week by Tynga over at Tynga's Reviews.

Here's how it works:

- You choose a book you’ve read, loved and would dare your readers to read!
- The book you choose must be an older release (at least 6 months ago), because let’s be honest, we’re all quite aware of the latest releases.
- Write your own blog post, using the button and linking back to Tynga’s Reviews, inviting your readers to read your chosen book.
- Come back on Tynga’s Reviews and put your link in the linking tool.
- Browse other bloggers Dare and let them know if you’ve read their featured book, or plan on reading it.
- Super easy and an awesome way to discover that special book who might have slipped off your radar!

This week I'm daring you to read Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev.

All her world’s a stage
Enter Stage Right
Beatrice Shakespeare Smith (Bertie): Our heroine.
Nate: A dashing pirate who will do anything to protect Bertie.
Cobweb, Moth, Mustardseed, and Peaseblossom: Four tiny, mischievous fairies, and Bertie’s loyal sidekicks.
Ariel: A seductive air spirit. Disaster follows in his wake, but Bertie simply cannot resist him.
Welcome to the Théâtre Illuminata, where the characters of every play ever written can be found behind the curtain. The actors are bound to the Théâtre by The Book, an ancient and magical tome of scripts. Bertie is not one of the actors, but they are her family. And she is about to lose them all because The Book has been threatened, and along with it the Théâtre. It’s the only home Bertie has ever known, and she has to find a way to save it. But first, there’s the small problem of two handsome men, both vying for her attention. The course of true love never did run smooth. . . .

Open Curtain

I loved this book. I had to read through the beginning a couple of times to understand what was going on... but that was only because I'd never read another book like it.

The faeries were great. They were troublemakers but had good intentions. Most of the time. Nate was my hero. Who doesn't love a dashing pirate? Bertie is your run of the mill teenage girl with bright blue hair who can write things in to being. And Ariel... Ariel is a gorgeous air elemental (who is followed by butterflies everywhere he goes) and competing for Bertie's heart with the handsome pirate mentioned earlier. Bertie? She's fighting to keep her place in the theater.

She's caused her fair share of trouble and is on the brink of being booted out by the stage manager. But for one condition: she has to play the part of stage manager herself and sell out a show. To do that she has to get all the players in the theater to work together and it's REALLY hard to do that. Will she be able to? Or will she have to leave for good?

This is a wonderfully original book that will captivate you and leave you dying for the next installment.

So go on and read it.

I dare you.

7 comments:

  1. I've been hesitating about reading this book since it's release hehe Glad you liked it =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds interesting. I may have to break my mold of reading and try it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover of this book--but I have never heard of it! I am going to reserve it at the library because it looks like a lot of fun. I love faerie books!

    Shanan
    http://thebookaddictnet.blogspot.com/2012/02/book-addict-dares-you-to-read-unwanteds.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FYI--I mentioned you on my blog as one of the blogs I think is lovely. :)

      Shanan
      http://thebookaddictnet.blogspot.com/2012/02/tag-your-itthe-award-goes-to.html

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a REALLY good book! I have to add this to my TBR list! Thank you so much for the new recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book has been on my to-read list for a very long time now. I might actually pick it up now that I got reminded of it again by your blog post.

    I also mentioned you in the same tag as Shanan did, by the way. Maybe you’d like to have a look at it: http://bibliophilicgeek.blogspot.com/2012/02/tag-1.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read/leave a comment! It is always appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...