Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Homeschool Reading Corner: The Babysitters Club - Kristy's Great Idea by Ann M. Martin

To my great surprise, my oldest voluntarily, COMPLETELY on her own, picked up book one in The Babysitters Club series. She got Kristy's Great Idea for Christmas and during her reading time for school decided to give it a try. I was excited. I LOVED the series.

Kristy thinks the Baby-sitters Club is a great idea. She and her friends Claudia, Stacey and Mary Anne all love taking care of kids. A club will give them the chance to have lots of fun-and make tons of money.

But nobody counted on crank calls, uncontrollable two-year-olds, wild pets, and parents who don't always tell the truth. And then there's Stacey, who's acting more and more mysterious. Having a baby-sitters club isn't easy, but Kristy and her friends aren't giving up until they get it right

I'm hoping she'll like these stories. Because they're stories she can kind of grow up with. They're not too old that she can't understand them, and they're about girls that are close to her age so maybe she'll be able to relate to them a bit more than some of the other books she's tried to read. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read/leave a comment! It is always appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...