Friday, November 11, 2011

Review: Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

(review is a crosspost from my Goodreads account, I don't generally do star ratings here)


Unearthly (Unearthly #1)Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The tense of the story threw me off a bit at first. I wasn't sure I liked it because I'd never read anything like that before. I actually put the book down for a couple of weeks before deciding to pick it back up again. I'm glad I did though, for the most part. It was really good.

I think my favorite part of the book was Tucker. Kind of the "southern" gentleman, even though he's not exactly southern. He seemed like he wanted to be harsh and rough but then his exterior started to peel away and he was just the biggest sweetheart. I loved him. I want a Tucker. And good for Clara for not falling in to the typical "love triangle" and pining over both men while wondering why oh why did this have to happen to her.

The ending I wasn't happy with. It made the end of the book awkward for me and I just didn't like it. If it had gone any other way I think I would have been fine with it, but I just didn't like how it turned out. The whole thing with the black wing just didn't really make sense to me. It didn't fit in well. And Christian? Boo. I think that was the wrong way to have him turn out.

I loved this book. Right up to the last few pages. And even with those being disappointing I think I'd recommend it to anyone.
But seriously....

I want a Tucker.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Clara is an extraordinary character. With her back round on angels, she is contempt and ready to face the world. After moving, she faces many struggles that teenagers face when you move to a new town, new place. I was glad that their were a few who were nice to her.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read/leave a comment! It is always appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...