Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Daring You To Read - and Falling, fly by Skyler White


Daring You to Read is a fairly new meme hosted by Tynga over at Tynga's Reviews.

Here's how it works:
- You choose a book you’ve read, loved and would dare your readers to read!
- The book you choose must be an older release (at least 6 months ago), because let’s be honest, we’re all quite aware of the latest releases.
- Write your own blog post, using the button and linking back to Tynga’s Reviews, inviting your readers to read your chosen book.
- Come back on Tynga’s Reviews and put your link in the linking tool.
- Browse other bloggers Dare and let them know if you’ve read their featured book, or plan on reading it.
- Super easy and an awesome way to discover that special book who might have slipped off your radar!
The book I chose this week was and Falling, fly by Skyler White.

From Goodreads:
I won this book long ago and far away from Jess, The Cozy Reader. And I have to tell you that I'm wicked glad I did. It was really good. I'd long been reading books that did all necessary thinking (about the plot, characters, feelings about certain happenings in the book etc) for me. Easy books to read ya know? This one was not like that.

It was extremely different than any other book I'd ever read. Vampires were fallen angels and scientists trying to forget past lives were experimenting as if the paranormal was a mental illness that could be removed from your memory. Olivia wants nothing more than to be loved and Dominic wants nothing more than to forget.
In this fractures Hotel of the Damned, Olivia and Dominic discover the only force consistent in their opposing realities is the deep, erotic gravity between them. Bound to each other finally in a knot of interwoven freedoms, Dominic and Olivia-the vision-touched scientist and the earth-bound angel, reborn and undead-encounter the mystery of love and find it is both fall...and flight.
Sadly, I loaned my copy out and then moved before I got it back, but the people I loaned it to LOVED it. I definitely recommend this to everyone (probably age 18+). It's a book that makes you think. That presents ideas to you that you would have NEVER thought of and those ideas make you go "You know what? I bet that really COULD work."

I dare you to try it. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I read it and liked it. But I found it very hard to read o.0

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read/leave a comment! It is always appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...