Monday, July 18, 2011

It All Ends Here

I finally (ok so it's only been out for 3 days) went and saw Harry Potter.

Best movie of the lot.

I didn't make the same mistake I made LAST year. For the first half of the Deathly Hallows I re-read the book. And I PICKED APART the movie. Like seriously. All that was left of it was bones. This time though? I remember the core parts of the book but I don't have all the details fresh in my mind. And it was AMAZING. ONLY Harry Potter movie I've EVER watched without thinking "That didn't happen" or "No one said that in the book" or "They forgot to do THIS".

It was amazing. How many times have I said that so far? It was. A. Maz. Ing. I LOVED Aberforth. Even though his role was minimal. I loved Neville. I LOVED Draco. And McGonagall was awesome as always. And of COURSE Molly's part was great.

BUT. I must say.

The star of my night?

Snape.

I don't think I could have imagined his part even HALF as good as he played it. Oh my gosh he was terrific. The absolute BEST role I have EVER seen him in. He played it beautifully. Hats off to you Alan Rickman.

This was the greatest series I've ever had the pleasure of reading. And the best group of movies I've ever been fortunate enough to watch. I wonder if Ms Rowling knows how many lives she's changed. If she could have envisioned what this would do for so many people when she started writing on that napkin... Yes I'm sad that it's over. That there are no more new books. No more new movies. But these are the ones that I will NEVER tire of.

<3

1 comment:

  1. Agree 100%. Snape was the reason this movie worked for me. That and the battle at Hogwarts.. very impressive!! And I feel like all of the impt details from the book, they actually remembered to put in there. Even MRS. Weasley's famous line from the 7th book was there, and it was sooo awesome. Glad you loved it. I sure did. Planning to see it the 2nd time this week! HAha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read/leave a comment! It is always appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...