Sunday, July 31, 2011

In My Mailbox #14

In My Mailbox is hosted every week by Kristi The Story Siren.

This week our IMM post is going Kiddie Style.

As in, we went to the Library for the last Alphabet Soup of the summer and picked up some really cute books for the girls and I wanted to share them with you. Last week was Faerie Tale week so THIS week, all the books from last week were available for check out.

Originally by The Brothers Grimm
Retold by Marianna Mayer
Illustrated by Kinuko Y. Craft

Beauty and the Beast
Originally by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve
Retold by Jan Brett (author of The Mitten)
Illustrated by Jan Brett
From the version by Charles Perrault
Retold by Barbara McClintock
Illustrated by Barbara McClintock
Originally by The Brothers Grimm
Retold by Will Moses
Illustrated by Will Moses

Predates The Brothers Grimm's Rapunzel by 200 years
Retold by Diane Stanley
Illustrated by Diane Stanley

I did get some things of my own this past week, but I'll share those next week. :-) Can't wait to see what you all got! 

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love those books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These seem like exciting reads! Thanks for sharing. I'd love if you'd check out my IMM too :)

    Btw, LOVE THE BLOG... I quickly became a NEW follower.

    Looking forward to hearing back from you,
    Cory @ Anti-Drug Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww SO cute. All those stories make me think of my childhood. : ) : )

    Here's my IMM this week: http://onceuponaprologue.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mailbox-9.html

    Molli
    http://www.onceuponaprologue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love retold fairy tales, there are so many different great version. Have you read any of the YA "Happily Ever After" line of misc. authors Nancy Holder, Suzanne Weyne, Debbie Viguie, Cameron Dokey, Donna Jo Napoli? I love these quick easy reads.

    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mailbox-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oldies, love them.
    New blog reader!

    My IMM
    Cassandra @ Book & Movie Dimension(http://bmdepository.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great set of fairy tales! I want to read the Twelve Dancing Princesses.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read/leave a comment! It is always appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...