Monday, June 20, 2011

Review: Legacy by Cayla Kluver


So far this is the only book I've finished this month. I've slowed down my reading because my brain is working on overdrive right now. But I have to say I loved it. Cayla was extremely young when she authored this novel and reading it you'd think someone 2-3 times her age penned it.

Legacy is a great novel. Another novel where I wasn't completely irritated by a "love triangle". She did a good job making you dislike certain characters, and a good job making you want to root for others.

Alera is a wonderful princess. She's strong and thoughtful and EVEN THOUGH there were times I wanted to scream "SAY SOMETHING!!!" or "DON'T JUST LET THEM WALK AWAY!!!!" she was extremely well written. And I love how Kluver doesn't just leave all the other characters in the background. They're not bit parts. Alera's sister pops up all the time. London was another of my favorites. Tadark... I wanted to punch him in the face FOR her. Haha.

I really don't think I have anything negative to say about the book. It was written in a way that you didn't have a chance to get bored with it. There was always something happening but it wasn't overwhelming. All the twists and turns definitely brought things together nicely (I wish I could say more but I don't want to spoil it!). I loved the cover. And I loved the artwork at the beginning of each chapter. It was always kind of a teaser for what was to come.

I'm excited the book is being re-released by.... Harlequin Teen I believe. And I can't wait for the sequel! I'm dying to read it. I definitely recommend this book to absolutely EVERYONE!

* Edit *

Hi! I am aware there are different covers for this particular novel. The cover that I posted is the cover on the actual version that I read. Thanks anyway!

3 comments:

  1. I've yet to hear of this one before. Thanks for sharing! Don't be a stranger; stop by my blog and say hi! I'm not sure if we're fellow followers, but I follow you!

    Looking forward to hearing back from you,
    Cory @ Anti-Drug Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I picked this one up today! Now I really can't wait to dig into it.

    And yeah, I liked Firelight well enough. It was predictable, but still a good read to sit down with. :)

    Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks super awesome. I would love to read this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read/leave a comment! It is always appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...