Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Review - The Regime by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins

The Regime: Evil Advances  (Before They Were Left Behind, #2)The Regime: Evil Advances by Tim LaHaye

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I loved the Left Behind series. So I was excited when I heard about the Before They Were Left Behind series. It's been years since I read the first book in the series, The Rise. No matter where I looked I could not find this book. Anywhere. Let's hear it for my good old library for having a copy.



That being said, there were a LOT of parts of this book that I skimmed over or skipped altogether. It switched between sections detailing Rayford Steele, Cameron "Buck" Williams, Irene Steele, Abdullah (a.k.a Smitty), and Nicolae Carpathia (a.k.a The AntiChrist). About halfway through the book a lot of the Nicolae Carpathia and Buck Williams and even a few of the Rayford Steele sections just got to be a little boring. I didn't feel they added anything to the story they were just there as fillers. I don't feel like I missed anything by not reading them.



It was a great book though. It shows Nicolae's rise to power and the things he did to get where he was. It showed the personalities of the people behind the power. Which was kind of interesting because in the Left Behind series you don't really get to see much about them. Rayford was definitely a piece of work. I was really irritated with him for the entire book. Which I suppose was the point. He was pompous and just... well... I'll leave it at that. He turned his daughter into a miniature female version of himself. Irene though, it was a good job making the reader feel sympathy for her. And Buck, I always loved Buck. I thought he was a great character but you definitely see some of his flaws.



Fast read. It was one of those I couldn't put down when I was able to pick it up. So it resulted in a few nights of not enough sleep. I would recommend it to anyone who's read the previous series, or even just the first book in this one. I don't think you'll be sorry you did.

(This review was copied and pasted from Goodreads, I don't usually star my reviews on this blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read/leave a comment! It is always appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...