Sunday, April 21, 2013

Adventures in Baking - November Cakes from The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

I love to bake. And cook. And just make yummy things in general. So I was totally stoked to see that Maggie had created a recipe for November cakes. They just sounded too good to pass up and I know if I saw them in a bakery around the 'burg, I'd have to buy one.

Oh my gosh these are so delicious. You can find the recipe for November Cakes (from The Scorpio Races) on Maggie's website HERE. It took a long time to make, but they are absolutely fantastic. And because of my propensity to buy things that the grocery store that I may need at some point, just not now... I had everything I needed except for the heavy whipping cream. Which I almost forgot to use.

These were so scrumptious I convinced my sister to come over with her girls just to have some with us.

It was organized chaos.

I don't own a rolling pin, so a drinking glass it was. Thumbs up from my helper.

In the oven to rise again they go.

Not sure why I took two pictures, but here ya go.

Heck, they looked great even before they baked!

I was totally getting excited at this point.

Because I mean seriously... look how they're turning out.

Finished product... b-e-a-utiful.




They got the thumbs up from my 5 year old helper.

These 5 are all that's left. So yummy!
 

3 comments:

  1. Totally delightful. I'm REALLY glad you liked them and thank you for sharing them with me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I did, they were amazing! Thank you for coming up with the recipe for them that was so yummy!

      Delete
  2. This book is super interesting! I can't put it down! I'm not sure if this is a series though. If not, it should be!
    Highly recommended Maryland Locksmith

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read/leave a comment! It is always appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...