Friday, July 6, 2012

Follow Friday #43


Thanks to Parajunkee and Alison Can Read for hosting Follow Friday ever week! You girls are awesome!

This week's question:

Q: Jumping Genres: Ever pick up a book from a genre you usually don’t like and LOVE it? Tell us about it and why you picked it up in the first place.

A: I have. I'm really a fantasy/paranormal kind of person... but when I worked at the YMCA in the nursery during the summer we were really slow. There were times we had zero children to watch so one day I asked my dad to bring me a book. He brought me Rage by Jonathan Kellerman and Cause of Death by Patricia Cornwell. Both the True Crime kind of novels. They were both very exciting reads and I highly recommend both authors. Every once in a while it's fun to step outside of the box and read something different. These novels didn't have the long slow build up that a lot of fantasy novels have because they're trying to explain entire worlds and different creatures and things. They're set in modern day real world and everything is already set up. These were kind of like watching an episode of Law and Order, but in book form. Very good.

How about you guys? Every genre jump and love it?

7 comments:

  1. Hopping thru! I think I've heard of these books, but haven't read either.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes, it is indeed very satisfying to read something that's outside the genre I usually read.

    I'm a new GFC and Linky follower, btw.

    If you want to know what I chose, please come over to my FF #2 and find out.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog! new follower on GFC and Linky. my Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm a new GFC follower. Cool blog design, love the purple! Here's my FF post: http://rachelrmrblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/follow-friday-july-5-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like switching genres occasionally. Prevents reading from getting too dull.

    My follow friday! Please visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping through. I've never been into true crime but I could see it being one of those things where you get into a book.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! I love psychological thrillers and SVU type books as well-- mysteries where I have to keep guessing until the end!

    New follower via GFC.

    Would love you to stop by my blog, Ensconced in YA!
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-and-follow-friday-1.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read/leave a comment! It is always appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...