Saturday, January 29, 2011

Old Dog New Tricks

So I have decided to go a new route with this blog. Not so much reviewing, as I was not a good reviewer. It is harder for me to put in to words WHY I like something as opposed to just saying "I loved it."

Indeed, this blog will just be about books and my ardent love for them.

And I do love them.

Books are my home away from home. My escape. My "Happy Place" if you will.

Don't give me presents for my birthday or Christmas. Unless giftcards to Borders/Barnes N Noble count as gifts. I suppose they do. In that case... give me giftcards. I could easily spend $100 on books alone within a half hour time frame.

There are so many books that I can't wait to read that I would do them an injustice by trying to name them all here. I can tell you that I've finished reading Lament by Maggie Stiefvater (UK Edition signed by Maggie when I went to see her at Borders!), Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen, Tempest's Legacy by Nicole Peeler and.... (see, this is why I didn't want to start naming books) I'm sure there are more that I've forgotten. I'm currently reading Torment by Lauren Kate and re-reading Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater.

OH. If you go to Blood Knight Series you'll find the first story in what I believe is going to be a trilogy posted online called Knight of the Rose. Very interesting. Kind of Twilight in reverse. Read it and you'll see what I mean. Anyways, it's author, Angie Hudson, has started posting book number 2 online already and I'm really excited to see where the story takes her!

I suppose that's it for post numero uno of the new sort. Hopefully this blog will be enjoyed a bit more than what it previously was. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read/leave a comment! It is always appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...