Saturday, September 19, 2009

Disclaimer

Just as an afterthought, I'm new at the whole book reviewing scenario. I mean, yeah I can tell you what I like about the books I readI can give you an overview of the book no problem. But I've never been one to sit down and write out an actual review. I read, and if I like the book, I recommend it. To everyone who asks me what I'm reading.

The books I read, the ones I like, are the ones that make me feel something. Something that I don't normally feel when the book is put away. It wakes something up in me that just lays dormant otherwise. And no matter how many times I read the book, I still feel the same things every time. Whether it's a feeling of happiness. Or confusion. Whether it's just feeling like I didn't want the book to end, or whether my heart aches as if someone just ripped it out of my chest and stomped on it. Any book that can make me feel something, any book that can make me laugh or cry is a book that I would recommend that anyone read.

So I apologize if my reviews seem amateur, or even juvenile. If instead of "the words flowed with such blahblahblah..." you get "It was amazing." I used to be good with words. I used to be eloquent (or at least, I was well spoken). Now, for some reason, the things I used to be able to describe so well, I can't even think of one word that would explain even the simplest ideas about. So, if you're looking for something professional and business like, you won't find it here. I just love my books. And I tell you what I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read/leave a comment! It is always appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...