Sunday, December 2, 2012

Stacking the Shelves #5


Thanks to Tynga at Tynga's Reviews for hosting Stacking the Shelves every week!

No books this week, but I did get a couple of things that were book related. Which is just as good.

First, I got a signed Raven Boys bookplate from Maggie Stiefvater (if you haven't gotten one yet, check out THIS VIDEO for how to score one!).


Second, I brought home Beastly on DVD from Walmart (book is by Alex Flinn). 


I will admit, I've never read the book. But watching the movie makes me want to. It's been one of those books that I keep picking up off the shelf at the book store and then putting it back. I really loved the movie though. It was short enough so that I didn't lose interest in it and I think Vanessa Hudgens and Alex Pettyfer were perfect in the roles that they played.


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was very good. Even my mother loved it, and she's hated EVERY other movie I've picked out.

      Delete
  2. I have mixed feelings about the movie. I think it's mostly the ending that did it for me, I really like the alternate more than the one they stuck with. However, I LOVED the book, I keep meaning to reread it, but I haven't gotten around to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the books are usually better than the movie anyway. But that means good things since I liked the movie. I did like the alternate ending because it reminded me more of the cartoon. :-P

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read/leave a comment! It is always appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...