Thursday, September 8, 2011

Review - Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

First of all, I want to say that the cover for this book is absolutely beautiful and I'm kind of sad I didn't get Wolfsbane before they introduced the new covers. Actually, I'm still kind of sad I don't have Wolfsbane because I kind of wish I was reading it right now.

Ok. With that being said. I loved the book. Love love loved it. It's so different from any other "werewolf" novel that I've read before. It was, for lack of a better term, refreshing. I think Andrea did a great job setting the scene and starting out the book with an action sequence. :-P Everyone in the story was introduced pretty quickly so you weren't left wondering "Wait, who are they and where did they come from?"

I love how strong Calla was and that she was an alpha. Definitely badass. I liked Ren too even though he seemed like a big - headed egotistical jerk for 90% of the book. It was those moments during the other 10% that didn't make me hate him. Shay seemed kind of immature and naive at the beginning but I felt as if I was literally watching his character grow and age into maturity right in front of me.

The story inspired heartache in all the right places, anger, disgust, suspense... it was a fantastic read. And it ended with, in my opinion, the perfect definition of a cliff hanger. I would absolutely recommend this book as a read to anyone and everyone.


  1. I still have not read this book!!! I'm dying to though!


    I loved this book and I have reviewed it for my blog. Cant wait to read Wolfsbane.

  3. I am right there with you on the covers! I loved this cover, definitely one of the best this year...but the new ones suck! I am reading Wolfsbane right now and I just cant get over how ugly the new cover is. Is it even possible to get a hold of the old covers?

    -Amanda @


Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read/leave a comment! It is always appreciated!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...